The Lone Truth

They say "words and arrows once released, cannot be recalled..", that might be true, I am not here to comment on any of that. The one thing, according to me that goes around but never ever comes around is, TIME. Not that one needs to be a rocket scientist to know that, nor am I the person to have 'invented' this fact. But, a person like me, 'a jack of all trades master of absolutely none' is the perfect person to have, actually in the true sense, had realized that.
Nine years of professional training in Indian Classical Dance. Twelve years of being one of the best elocutionist and reciter. Six years of being one of the leads in the school choir. Umpteenth number of years of being an awards winning painter/artist. Today I sit pursuing none of those and regretting the time that I left doing each of them. How much ever I squirm or pray i cannot go back into time and pick up anyone of them from where I left and make my mark in any of those fields. That's the power of Time, we might be able to re-start from scratch but we cannot carry things forward from where we had left it.
It has been compared to innumerable things. Some say it runs like water, others say it slips like sand. But to me Time is incomparable. Sand might slip away from one's hand according to your grip but you can always pick up another handful of it. Water might run, but we all know where exactly its headed to. Time does not slip, it does not run, it has its own pace, and its on us how we perceive that pace. Once its gone, its gone, it is humanly impossible to get a fist full or even a pinch full of Time at our will, and we surely have no clue to where it all actually goes.
Nature is more fantastic than fantasy,and to me time is the most amusing of all its creations.Humans are undoubtedly superior to all other lesser mortals, but Time successfully beats our wits and reminds us that we are but one of the infinite mortals, powerless and helpless in its the hands.
When we begin something we must go through with it without giving up in between. That's how nature in its very basic form works, and that is the one and only way to do it. We as humans believe in being positive, and positive one should be...but the lone truth that stands unfaltered is that, there is really 'no second chance', or ' second time'...Time only comes and goes, it never comes back.

Comments

  1. Hi
    Very well written,the way you expressed the value of Time is appreciable .I enjoyed reading the third para and somewhere it touched my heart as to how true it is for every one.It also made me think .I liked your positive thought in the last para.Though I do not agree that there is no really "second chance".You may not get the the time back but life keeps giving us chances so that we may improve ourselves where ever we have failed to do so .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey You are a terrific writer!!!! Very profound and impressive yaar... But you know I think it is possible to grasp hold of time, but it never stays in your control for long... Free spirit is what it is... But you put it really nicely...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Its a dog's life'..which is way better!!